James R. LaVigne is an international lawyer and founder of the law firm of American Lawyers International, PLLC based in Orlando, Florida.
Mr. LaVigne holds his first law degree from the University of Florida, as well as, a Master of Law Degree in International Law from the University of Notre Dame Law Center. Mr. LaVigne is past chairman of the Orlando World Trade Association. He has had a number of articles published on international law, U.S. immigration law, and European Community law.
He has served as an adjunct professor of International Business for Webster University, Orlando Campuses, where he taught International Business, International law in Business, and Global Competition.
Mr. LaVigne has served as an international business consultant for the Export Legal Assistance Network and the University of Central Florida, Small Business Development Center.
Mr. LaVigne handles all aspects of international business law, immigration law, contracts, joint ventures, foreign investments in the United States and international tax advising.
He served as the President of the British American Chamber of Commerce and also as a member of the Economic Development Commission of mid-Florida.
Mr. LaVigne is currently admitted to practice in all the courts of Florida as well as the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal in Atlanta and the United States Supreme Court.
He graduated from the University of South Florida in 1972 with honors in both political science and public address and rhetoric.
Mr. LaVigne received his L.L.M. in International Law with honors from Notre Dame University London Law Center.
Mr. LaVigne is past chairman of the Orange County Bar Association International Law Committee.
Mr. LaVigne is a Florida Bar Board Certified International Lawyer (less than 45 lawyers of the 65,000 members of the Florida Bar are so certified) and served as Chairman of the Florida Bar International Law Certification Committee in 2010-2011. He continued as a committee member for 2012-2013. He is among Florida Super Lawyers in International Law for 2014.
- Member of American Immigration Lawyers Associations for over 20 years
Articles, Papers & Publications
- Non-Residents Guide to Buying in Florida
- Living and Working in the USA
- Setting Up a Business In Florida
- Overview of H-b Visa
- EB-5 Green Card Guidelines
- Tips to Buying & Investing in Florida
- Is your Immigration/Visa Consultant Legal?
- Owning Properties In Florida as Joint Tenancy by the Entireties/ How to Avoid Probate by Titling Property in Husband and Wife’s Name
- Pincus Professional Education Speaker – Immigration 101, February 21, 2014
- Ocala Marion County Board of Realtors International Global Committee Seminar – Representing the Foreign Investor in Florida Real Estate Transactions: What you need to know about Title, Tax & Immigration Issues, June 13, 2012
- The Heart of Florida Global Council – What you need to know about Title, Tax & Immigration Issues, June 13, 2012
- 2012 Orlando Regional International Council; International Congress & Trade Show – Topics included: E Visas, L Visas & EB-5 Visas, September 7, 2012
- A Place in the Sun, Birmingham, England – Living & Working in the USA including Investor Visas, September, 2013
- Florida Association of Realtors – So You Want to Retire in Florida and Other Pre-Immigration Issues, October 16, 1997
- CFRE / ORRA 2011 Real Estate Law Symposium Speaker – Representing the Foreign Investor; Title, Tax & Immigration Issues, September 21, 2011
- AILA Central Florida Seminar – Immigration Relief in Federal Court, May 6, 2011
- Various Worldwide U.S. Immigrations Seminars Presented: London, Manchester, Amsterdam, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain & Shanghai
Continuing Legal Education Credits, Courses and Seminars Attended
- Ins & Outs of Consular Visa Processing, May 23, 2014
- Representing Survivors of Human Trafficking, May 6, 2014
- Immigration Relief for Youth – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, September 17, 2013
- Immigration 2013: Negotiating the Shifting Maze, September 10, 2013
- EB-5 Investor Immigration 101: A practical skills program by Pincus Professional, August 29, 2013
- Immigration Relief for Victims of Violence, February 2, 2013
- Issues in International Intellectual Property Law, April 10, 2012
- Violence Against Women Act, March 13, 2012
- 21st Real Estate Law Symposium , September 21, 2011
- Seminar Presented to Orlando Regional Realtors Association entitled: “Foreign Investing, What you need to know for title, tax and visa issues” presented on September 16, 2009
- Outline of seminar given on September 16, 2008 and September 16, 2009
- 22nd AILA Central Florida Conference, October 4, 2008
- “U.S. Immigration Laws for Foreign Investors: How your clients can invest, live and work in the U.S.A.” presented to Orlando Realtors Association on September 16, 2008
- Seminar, Representing the Foreign Investor in Florida Real Estate Transactions,” presented to Orange County Bar Association, International Law Committee, April 11, 2007
- AILA 2007 Annual Conference
- International Income Tax & Estate Planning, October 14, 2005
- AILA 2005 Annual Conference
- Various EB5 Webinars 2013-2014
- Co-Founder of Florida Equity & Growth Fund Regional Center, USCIS Approved January, 2009
- General Immigration Counsel to EB5 Florida Real Estate Regional Center
- General Immigration Counsel to BLMP Regional Center
- General Immigration Counsel to 5 Starr Regional Center
AMERICAN LAWYERS INTERNATIONAL, PLLC.
7380 West Sand Lake Road, Suite 395
Orlando, Florida 32819
Languages spoken: English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese